Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a financial account based on employee benefits plan of a company in the United States. Through tax-advantaged account, an employee can save a percentage of paychecks to pay for expenses as recognized in the cafeteria plan, usually for medical costs but frequently for health care or other payments. Funds are added in FSA from employee’s pay. FSAs reduce your taxable income that means you will pay less in annual taxes.
American Airlines FSA:
- American offers three types of FSAs as an appropriate method to lower your qualified expenses and costs such as Dental and vision expenses, medical payment and daycare expenses.
- Get your FSA and flex your spending muscles. It’s easy to participate. You can enroll for the benefits during benefits open enrollment.
- Contributions are subtracted from your paycheck automatically.
- Make eligible purchases under your medical, health care or dependent care FSA.
- Submit claims or documentation through the official website. You can be paid back through direct deposit by signing up online.
Sign Up For An Account:
- Open aa.com link from your web browser to access the employee portal.
- If you already have a registered account here then sign in using your login credentials.
- Enter your AA ID# in first space.
- Provide a password associated with your account.
- Press the button stated, “Log In.”
First Time User:
Don’t have a profile yet? You have to register for an account.
- Click the “Register Now” link to proceed.
- You will access the registration application form on next screen.
- Enter your contractor number/employee ID. Employer assigns a unique code to each employee to access account information.
- Press the button “Submit” to continue.
- If verified, you will be prompted to complete further steps to finish the registration process.
- Set up account passcode. Never share your password with anyone for the security of your information.
- Answer all safety issues.
- Complete registration by following further directions.
This system is limited exclusively to official users for genuine business purposes. Any unauthorized access or attempt to use information may result in the disciplinary act and even criminal punishments. Any proof of illegal action may be informed to local, state and federal law execution officers.
Flexible Spending Account Advantages:
- FSAs are a productive part of the welfares offered by your employer. You will use money that you have funded from your pay to compensate yourself for qualified dependent care and medical expenses. By using these benefits, you cut the cost of your expenditures.
- When you enroll, you have access to a website where you can manage your FSA anytime and easily pay for eligible expenses including:
- When you enroll, you have access to a site where you can manage your FSA anytime and easily pay for entitled costs including:
Only certain payments and dealers have a right to compensation through an FSA. A complete list of available items can be found the website. Usually, includes:
Eligible Health Care Expenses
- Medical copays and deductibles
- Health care supplies
- Contact lenses
- Dental work
Eligible Medical Service Providers
- Approved merchants
- Medical clinics
- Vision centers
- Doctor and dental offices
Care of a qualified dependent adult or child and certain over-the-counter product.
When Can You Use Your Funds?
- The total annual amount you select to pay is available instantly for use.
- If you are leaving the company, you may file claims for entitled expenditures incurred only through the last day of your service, if not you continue reporting under COBRA.
Submit Manual Claims To YSA:
- Visit my.aa.com from the web browser to log in to benefit service center.
- Once there, select “Dependent care spending account” or health care spending account.
- Next, you need to choose to create health care claim” create dependent care claim.”
- Select a method
- Complete all required fields and click “Continue” button.
- Once done, go to “Upload” or “Mail or Fax” to submit a claim.
- Check out the account summary recent activity for confirmation.
If you have any question, need help or want to track the status on your claim, contact the service center desk at 888-860-6178 to talk to representatives.